From: WDSCI-L [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Buck Calabro
Sent: Friday, January 23, 2015 11:18 AM
To: wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Outline View

On 1/23/2015 7:35 AM, Ken Killian wrote:

Hi Ken,

Here is my Tab order on LPEX:
1.) Positon to the "find" (Text-Box)
2.) <tab> Case sensitive (Check-box)
3.) <tab> Whole Word (Check-Box)
4.) <tab> Regular Expression (Check-Box)
5.) <tab> Select found text (Check-box)
6.) <tab> restrict search to selection (check-box)
7.) <tab> Restrict search to columns (check-box)
8.) <tab> Next (Button)
9.) <tab> Previous (Button)
10.) <tab> all (Button)
11.) <tab> Replace (Text-Box)

That is 11-tabs to get to the most commonly use "replace".

Yeah, that would get old very fast. No wonder I abandoned the tab key for this dialogue so many years ago! But that's not why I'm replying: I have a factory fresh 9.1.1 install with a brand new workspace and it works exactly as you have described above with the exception that I have to do another tab. 'Wrap' is between 'Regular expression' and 'Select found text'. :-(

I create another new work-space, and then it went down to 4-tabs, which is better than 11-tabs!

Hm. I have a brand new workspace and I have to use the 12 tab sequence (or the alt-key shortcuts).

It should however be ONE-TAB to the Replace-field. IMHO. At least 4-tabs is acceptable.

So, the old, create a new workspace AGAIN to fix RDI 9.1.1. Even though I create a work-space just 1-week ago!

Yup, I don't have to create a new workspace in Visual Studio 2013 to get the tab-order and the find/replace to work...

Day to day things seem to change on RDI, that is the part that DRIVE ME NUTS. No constancy!

Hm again. I have begun the habit of creating a new workspace with each version of RDi, but after that, my RDi behaviour is very consistent day to day. I wonder what the difference is between our setups? We have McAffee antivirus here, Windows 7 32 bit. I installed my RDi in c:\ibm\rdi so I don't have to worry about the goofy Windows issues with virtualised directories, or spaces in the directory tree.

Sadly, I am sort of a newbie, only have been actively using WDSC/RDP/RDI since 2006.

window>preference>LPEX Editor>Find Text
I have the follow selections:
Wrap (Check-Box-CHECKED)
Emphasize found text (Check-box-CHECKED)

I also have Incremental find dialog checked.
I am using the lpex editor profile, not the eclipse editor profile.

PS. It appears the ONLY way to get some windows-preferences to change
is too "restart RDI". Just changing them does NOT seem to take
immediate effect. <Perplexed Look>

I find that checking the Regular expression box in LPEX Editor > Find Text does not carry forward at all to the Ctrl-f dialogue box. That's whether I restart RDi or not; it simply doesn't seem to remember if I've ticked that box. However, when I tick the box in the Ctrl-f dialogue, it remembers it and that choice shows up in the preference.

There ARE some preferences which require a restart, but RDi always tells me when I change one of those. Usually it's a base Eclipse sort of preference.

--
--buck

'I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion' - Jack Kerouac