Interesting idea Dave - thanks for sharing.

Jon Paris

www.partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com

On Oct 23, 2014, at 11:36 AM, Dave Boettcher <Dave.Boettcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

To set up my library list, I have used the same initial program that I use interactively.
When I first started using WDSCi, I modified my long time start up program so that anything I did that was for interactive only (change my message queue, change the job to logclpgm *yes and others), I added MONMSG commands so to ignore the problems that interactive stuff caused.
Been working a long time now.

HTH,

Dave B

Sometimes I get the feeling the whole world is against me, but deep down I know that's not true. Some of the smaller countries are neutral. -- Robert Orben (comedy writer)

-----Original Message-----
From: WDSCI-L [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jon Paris
Sent: Thursday, October 23, 2014 9:53 AM
To: Wdsci-L
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Library list issue

One thing to point out re the "Initial Command" - many people find that it does not appear to work for them.

Reason is that somewhere in the program that is run is a command that is considered "interactive", and since there is no 5250 involved it fails just as it would if you ran it in batch. Most people need to use of copy of their regular initial sign-in program that is customized for RDi to avoid stuff that the OS views as interactive - even if no screen appears when you use it normally.

Jon Paris

www.partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com