From: Edmund Reinhardt/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
To: Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio
Client for System i & iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Cc: "WDSCI-L" <wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 11/06/2014 07:16 AM
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] RDi 9.1 Find/Replace is even more annoying...
<frown>
Sent by: "WDSCI-L" <wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Has anyone opened a PMR on this 11 tab behaviour?

Regards,

Edmund (E.H.) Reinhardt
Technical Architect for Rational Developer for i

Phone: 1-905-413-3125 | Home: 1-905-854-6195
IBM
E-mail: edmund.reinhardt@xxxxxxxxxx

RDi YouTube: 8200
Warden Ave
www.youtube.com/user/IBMRational#g/c/62DF24D5BCD43501 Markham, ON
L6G 1C7
Find me on: LinkedIn:
Canada
http://ca.linkedin.com/in/edmundreinhardt/

From: Ken Killian <kkillian@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio
Client for System i & iSeries" <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Date: 10/06/2014 03:58 PM
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] RDi 9.1 Find/Replace is even more
annoying...
<frown>
Sent by: "WDSCI-L" <wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Matt,

I sort of like the incremental find dialog", where it starts to find as I
type...

It still doesn't work for me, even when I turn that option off.
(un-checked) and blank out the previous Find Text/Replace Text.

Open up NotePad, and hit Ctrl+H for Replace.
Type in "Find what", and hit tab. It immediately jumps to the "Replace
with"...

Same thing with other editors...
* Microsoft Word
* Microsoft Excel
* Notepad++
* Eclipse (Open a text file and see)
* Visual Studio
* SEU (Yup, even this first position on the "FIND", then hit tab to
position to the "CHANGE"
* Name your other commonly used editor(s)...

Just saying it works that way on every OTHER Editor on the Planet...

Just very strange to me, that LPEX does NOT work like EVERY OTHER Editor on
the planet...
Just saying... Stating the obvious once again... <frown>

Now it has me go through 11-tabs, to get to the replacement field?
Really?!?!?! WTF?!?!?
Or use Alt+P, instead of Tab? Why???

PS. Yes, I know can change the keys for my preference in LPEX, but I cannot
change the tab order. This doesn't seem like Rocket Science to me. When you
are doing a Find/Replace. What are the two values you are going to always
use? Do I really need to go through 7 options at the bottom of the
Find/Replace Screen?!?!?!

I use many different editors, and only LPEX goes against the flow...
<Perplex look>

Regardless, this is really annoying... It was bad enough I had to hit tab
4-times with RDi 9.0.1. But, now I have to hit tab 11-tabs to get to the
replaces field??? Not very user friendly at all! Especially compared to
every other editor on the Planet!
<sigh>

-Ken Killian-