Hi Kurt,
regarding the Main appearing before procedures, that APAR was referring to
the mainline that is not actually a procedure, but calc statements that
appear before procedures. There was a bug that even though these
statements appear before any subprocedures, the node in the outline view
appeared at the end. This was fixed in 9.1.
From looking at your source I infer that you want the procedure that is
identified as the main procedure via a control opt statement to appear
before all other procedures as you have suggested in your RFE
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=viewRfe&CR_ID=46849
This RFE has 9 votes and is still under consideration.

I do see the annoying behaviour about the procedures collapsing. We
rebuild the model of the RPG program on every keystroke, so the outline
view is updated. We remember which item was selected last and then
reselect it, expanding everything down to the selected item.
I could see an RFE that suggested remembering all expanded nodes and
attempting to reexpand them when the outline view is replaced. Of course
we would have to handle the cases where things are deleted or renamed and
no longer findable.

I am glad you are enjoying the new features of 9.1 and have always
appreciated your constructive feedback.

Regards,

Edmund (E.H.) Reinhardt
Technical Architect for Rational Developer for i

Phone: 1-905-413-3125 | Home: 1-905-854-6195 IBM
E-mail: edmund.reinhardt@xxxxxxxxxx
RDi YouTube: 8200 Warden Ave
www.youtube.com/user/IBMRational#g/c/62DF24D5BCD43501 Markham, ON L6G 1C7
Find me on: LinkedIn: Canada