To: Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Edmund Reinhardt <edmund.reinhardt@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 03/31/2014 05:01PM
Cc: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] From My Wish List

I was just getting frustrated with the ILE support in RDi myself :-)
If you want a true dependency build, you have that in RTC or ARCAD
Or in i Projects you can make the equivalent of a makefile that manages
these.
But I agree that there should be better tooling support to set up the
initial build.

I was thinking of a split editor on the CL to build the CRTPGM command,
where you could drag in the modules and service programs you want to have
as input.
Of course you could build a binder source this way as well.

I would like some ideas just on how people would like to see the user
interface work for all of these things.

Of course I can't commit to doing this at any specific time schedule, but I
would to hear some brainstorming of how this should work.

Regards,

Edmund (E.H.) Reinhardt
Technical Architect for Rational Developer for i

Phone: 1-905-413-3125 | Home: 1-905-854-6195 IBM
E-mail: edmund.reinhardt@xxxxxxxxxx
RDi YouTube: 8200 Warden Ave
www.youtube.com/user/IBMRational#g/c/62DF24D5BCD43501 Markham, ON L6G 1C7
Find me on: LinkedIn: Canada