On 3/31/2014 12:00 PM, Gary Thompson wrote:
Hey, Ctrl-F7 does show Outline, thank you Buck for that hint.
But it's kind of a tease in that I don't seem to have a way
to restore the view from the displayed list ?

I'm not much of a mouser. I use Ctrl-F7 to get the list, then cursor
around to the view I misplaced, then press Enter. Apparently the way I
misplace things is different to the way you and Curt did. Sorry I
wasn't more help.
--buck

-----Original Message-----
From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Buck Calabro
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2014 9:49 AM
To: wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Outline view missing

On 3/31/2014 11:12 AM, Gary Thompson wrote:
Have yet to find anything resembling the picture in Fast View Bar
help: "what a fast view bars look like:"
Checking: Window-Preferences-Perspectives I find:
Open a new view: "Within the perspective" is selected, and the Box
"Hide empty fast view bar" is NOT checked.
I first suspected I was missing something when I could not restore
Outline from Window-Show View-Other- General . . . hopefully I stumble
across Outline view soon . . .

Following up on Kurt's hunch that the Outline View is active somewhere, try Ctrl-F7 to bring up a window of all 'active' views. I use the quotes because even if you've minimised the view, it's still active.

The Eclipse behaviour for minimised and 'torn away' views is not intuitive for me, so I use Ctrl-F7 a lot.
--buck