On 27-Mar-2014 09:48 -0700, Gerald Kern wrote:

I'm trying to use the Database Development Perspective that was
included with RDi V9.

I have my connection string set up and testing it says it pinged
successfully.

However where I try to execute a statement, I get the following
error:

SQL0202 'filename' in 'USER PROFILE' type *FILE not found.

SQL Naming defaults unqualified names with the authorization ID, the user profile name.

I'm scratching my head because even though the connection properties
specify *LIBL for the schema, somewhere something is interpreting my
user profile name as either a schema or a library name and I cannot
figure out how to resolve this.

Seems a contradiction, because specifying *LIBL should be valid only for System Naming, but the naming in use as implied by the effects, is SQL Naming.

One other note is that the last time I used this was with the
original release of V9 (and I have since upgraded to the latest
version), but I had a note to remind myself that I had to qualify all
fields referenced with library-name-dot preceding each field name.

Perhaps you meant Library_Name.File_Name [i.e. "file name", not "field name"].? Field names would be qualified with the correlation identifier, which if unspecified for a table-reference, is the file name [which may be qualified with a library name] specified for the table-reference in the SQL statemnt.

So I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction to resolve
both of these issues.

I am not clear what the apparent resolution was that was alluded in a followup reply, something about having specified a "default library" property, but the "system naming" option configuration change is presumably what is the desired change. That change was described in a reply by Matt.