From: "Austin, Mark" <Mark.Austin@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries (wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx)" <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2014 5:49 AM
Subject: [WDSCI-L] New PC!

Hi,

After years of being promised a new PC I have finally got one!

Unfortunately, after installing RDi 9 and then trying to install data studio the installation manager has crashed trying to update itself! I get the following in the log;

Error preparing IBM® Installation Manager
Error loading bundle com.ibm.cic.common.license.text 1.0.26.v20130503_2155
from location file:/C:/ProgramData/IBM/Installation Manager/bundles/plugins/com.ibm.cic.common.license.text_1.0.26.v20130503_2155.jar
into the installation manager: Error converting plugin at C:\ProgramData\IBM\Installation Manager\bundles\plugins\com.ibm.cic.common.license.text_1.0.26.v20130503_2155.jar.
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Error converting plugin at C:\ProgramData\IBM\Installation Manager\bundles\plugins\com.ibm.cic.common.license.text_1.0.26.v20130503_2155.jar.

The strange thing is that the directory ProgramData does not exists and as far as I know it never has.

The files it is looking for are in the directories I installed RDi from and the directory I was trying to install data studio from.

Has anyone come across anything similar and found a solution or alternatively does anyone know how I can update the installation manager manually?