Guys,

Logically, moving the cursor shouldn't change the live outline, since it doesn't change the source.  I think it's likely the scrolling and highlight processing that causes the cursor to vanish sometimes.  I tried it a couple of minutes ago, live outline on, and got both a vanishing cursor and a 'stuttering' effect in the cursor movement.  I started to reply to this email, went back to RDi, and now the cursor doesn't vanish and the source scrolls more or less smoothly as the cursor moves.  I didn't open or close any other apps, so I have no idea what changed just by switching from RDi to Firefox and back again.  I did NOT change any RDi settings.  For what it's worth, I'm running RDi 9.0.1 on Win7 32 bit on a Dell Latitude with a Core i5 2.5 GHz and 4 GB of memory.

Dave Shaw

________________________________
From: Ken Killian <kkillian@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2014 10:20 AM
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Cursor disappears when arrow key(s) held down

Jeff,

I usually turn off the Outline view, but I NOW leave it on...

Because otherwise, I do NOT get to see some options in the Outline view....

And the live outline view parser, now seems fairly stable... <Joy Joy>

But a disappearing cursor is slightly annoying. I can live with that. I guess Eclipse is doing a LOT of parsing for colors & etc behind the scenes... <grin>

-Ken Killian-