On 2/12/2014 2:24 AM, Colpaert, Peter wrote:

I don't know if any of you have encountered this before, but I noticed some strange behaviour in Rdi.

When editing source, you can hover over a variable or constant, and get a tooltip.

I have a standalone work variable defined like a database field:

D wClside S like(clside19) inz

If I hover over clside19, it displays "Character (15)", which is correct.

But if I hover over wClside, it displays "Character (45)", which is obviously wrong.

I see it too, same as you and Paul. If the DB field is in more than one
file, the 'like' fields show the wrong hover information. I have to say
that I had no idea this was available - I don't use the mouse that much.

I did notice one additional thing related to this hover tooltip.

Iwrkrcd 01
I locnum LOC
I hamay1 MAYC1
I hajun1 CDE1 10

Hovering over any field in the I specs results in no tooltip at all.

It's an interesting and potentially very useful addition to RDi. Thanks
for pointing it out!
--buck