I remapped it to ALT-O to get it to work for me. I was seeing
CTRL-SHIFT-A work sporadically for me.

-----Original Message-----
From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Ken Killian
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 9:49 AM
To: Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client
forSystem i & iSeries
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] how to get Ctrl+Shift+A to work to Open a Member

Edmund,

Here is what I did:

1.) Create a BRAND NEW workspace
2.) Create a connection to our test box

That way, EVERYTHING is like brand-New set up for the newbies...

And when I select the "Remote Explorer" view, and Press CTRL+SHIFT+A, I
get NOTHING, no message, no pop-up. NOTHING...

I typed in the filter: CTRL+SHIFT+A, and found two other keyboard Maps
for that. I delete the other two, leaving only the "OPEN a Member" for
CTRL+SHIFT+A...

Still NOTHING.

Now, sadly, when I went back to Preferences>general>Keys, NOTHING is
mapped to CTRL+SHIFT+A....

So, I put in the filter "Open a member...". And When I try to assign
"CTRL+SHIFT+A", it drops off the "A"....
It will NOT take CTRL+SHIFT+A. <Perplexing>

No wonder long ago, I got tired of fighting it, and just remapped it to
CTRL+SHIFT+Q...
(Of course, I had to remove the other mappings to CTRL+SHIFT+Q)

I was hoping to stick with the original mapping, as shown in the help. I
guess whenever I get a chance for my demo, I will do MOUSE navigation
ONLY, NO SHORTCUT keys. That seems to be perplexing to newbies anyway...
<LOL>

Oh well, I was hoping that maybe I was missing something...

Thanks! Maybe this is a bug with the old RDP 8.0.3? <puzzled-Look>

-Ken Killian-