The last time we purchased a trade-up license, it was $685. Every year
there's a price increase to cover inflation, etc. I haven't tracked
exactly what it comes to. I understand you may not have been involved in
the details of the original purchase, but it is pretty clearly labeled as
"...License and SW Subscription & Support 12 Months". The general
pricing is available at: http://tinyurl.com/RDi-pricing which points to:
https://www-112.ibm.com/software/howtobuy/buyingtools/paexpress/Express?part_number=D0C5FLL%2CD0C5ILL%2CD0LJWLL%2CD0ZN3LL%2CD0ZN4LL%2CD0ZNSLL%2CD0ZN5LL&catalogLocale=en_US&Locale=en_US&country=USA&PT=jsp&CC=USA&VP=&TACTICS=%26S_TACT%3D%26S_CMP%3D%26brand%3Dnone&ibm-submit=Ready+to+buy

There is a fixed term license for $740, but you've got to buy the whole
thing every 12 months. As Vernon notes below, be sure somebody is
tracking when support ends. If it lapses, getting SW subscription and
support back has some extra charges.