Buck,

Thanks, I remap a ton of shortcut-keys in Eclipse. For instance I remap shortcuts F3=Find Next.

For SEU the term to "Find Next" is "S-F4"?!?! What is that?!?! Oh yeah the old F16=Find in SEU. What about the new guy, who hasn't used SEU. They look at me like I am nuts, when I tell them they have to map that to F3=Find Next to work like other applications. Once again, not very intuitive... <Big Frown>
https://picasaweb.google.com/102276967488806647195/RDi90ScreenShots?authkey=Gv1sRgCIDmgZarxaOYNg#5893838119273839906

And newbies, get frustrated. Sort of like here is "one screwy thing", how many more "out of the ordinary" things must I know?!?! <rant rant>

And I map Shift+F3 to find previous, like other packages like NotePad++, MS Notepad, Visual Studio, etc...

But, how can I map Cntrl+F to take the Highlight text, and insert it the find box automatically? <frown> Like normal Programmer Editors like Visual Studio, NotePad++, etc..

Other "Normal" editors on the Replace, will HIGHLIGHT the Replace field when you tab to it. Instead, I have Highlight all, and press delete, and then type in my replace text. I have accidently put in extra spaces from a previous replace. Just another thing that bugs me about Rational Developer, as compared to other editors. <Rant> But, I have gotten use to tab, Shift+END to select everything in the Replace, which I do NOT have to other editors...
<Big Frown>

Whenever I show other my RSE/LPEX, I always tell them I have HIGHLY customized the shortcut keys to my preference. I like to AVOID the mouse as much as possible. But, I can't ever seem to completely eliminate the mouse... <frown>

Do like the Hover in Debug to the Variable Type & Values that has been available for quite a while now! <Big Smile> One case where I like using the mouse, to hover for Variable Values.

Oh I map Cntrl+Shift+U to UPPER-CASE and Cntrl+U to Lowercase like Notepad++, just my preference, and easy for me to remember.

I already use approximately 80% of those shortcut keys! Sometimes I forget about them! Like Jon has posted before, I like the "Favorite keyboard shortcuts for RSE":
http://systemideveloper.com/downloadRSEShortcuts.html

Oh well, at least ECLIPSE is highly customizable to be able to CHANGE most, but not all shortcut keys... <smirk>

I have grown to love the "ALT" keys for editing text inside LPEX, but it "burns" me, when it doesn't work in NotePad++... <LOL>
Alt+L=Select Line
Alt+R=Rectangle
Alt+F8=Move block RIGHT
Alt+F7=Move Block Left
Alt+S=Split Line
Alt+J=Join Line

(most/all seem to be on the shortcuts that Buck already mentioned!)

-Ken Killian-