I'm a big fan of the filter selection and also disappointed with the find selection. I think if you raised an RFE to allow CTRL-F to default the find box by the selected text (like many other editors I've seen) then you'll get some votes to back you up.

In the meantime, re-map the CTRL-SHIFT-F key (c-s-f) to findSelection by going into the window|preferences menu, typing k in the search box, and playing with the "User Key Actions" that is shown (hint: press Set before Apply.). I also have the ALT-F key (a-f) set to filterSelection.

-Paul.

-----Original Message-----
From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ken Killian
Sent: 26 June 2013 15:00
To: Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] RDI 9.0 Right Click

Now, I am using the right-click to do a Find....

Which normally, inside Word, Notepad, Notepad++, Visual Studio, etc...

You high-light the word, and do Cntrl+F to find the highlight word!
<Joy Joy>

But, inside of WDSC/RDP/RDI I have to do this:
right-click > Selected > Find Selection...

Of course I could also do the Cut & Paste into the Find menu.

Just seems to be some much extra work compared to EVERY OTHER software product...
<grin>

This has always been a pain to me, and not a standard way to search....

Although, I blow the Visual Studio guy's mind with the "FILTER SELECTION", which is pretty cool in my opinion, and I use that all the TIME! <Big Smile>

-Ken Killian-
(423) 510-3129