From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ken Killian
Sent: Friday, April 19, 2013 2:52 PM
To: Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] RDP 8.0.3 abrupt close

Gary,

Does it bomb out on RDP 8.5?

I reported problems with RDP 8.0.3, and was told to upgrade to RDP 8.5

I would *assume* that it *could* possibly be a problem with the outline view. <Just guessing>

Because when you say it "abrupt closes", what is the last you did, when it closed down?

I like to use "*ENTRY Parameters" with the "PI" (procedure Interface) with NO HARD-CODE name. Which does compile fine. But, when I create the outline view in RDP 8.0.3, it abruptly kills Eclipse, with NO ERROR message. Just ends. This was fixed in RDP 8.5.1.

I downgraded to RDP 8.0.3, only because the "Debug JOB" is reliable. The SEP Debug works great in RDP 8.5.1, however. I need the debug job to work. Valuable tool for me!

So, I am merely wondering when it crashes on you? While Editing? While refreshing the outline view? Or maybe during debug?

I do LOVE using RDP over ancient SEU, but some minor bugs need to be worked out.

GO RDP Power!!! <Big Smile>

-Ken Killian-