From: MichaelQuigley@xxxxxxxxxx
To: wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx,
Date: 03/20/2013 08:32 AM
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] RDp 8.5
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx

I understand that some folks have had troubles with the debugger in RDP
8.5 (and 8.5.1). I personally have had very little trouble--even using
Debug Job jobs. I think people should give it a try and report any issues
(through official channels)--then if need be, roll back to 8.0 or use the
debugger that Vern references below. (I believe it was developed by the
folks in Rochester--I'm not positive about that.)

The biggest challenge I have is editing COBOL programs and clicking on in
the outline while in a split view. The first view is always repositioned,
not the last view in use. It's kind of an irritation, but not a show
stopper. I find the advantages of the new outlines (RPG and COBOL) to be
worth the latest release. I've not even had much trouble with memory
leaks. And I have at least one 18,000-line RPGLE program from a vendor.

If no one tries 8.5.1 and reports whatever issues are found, it'll be a
long wait to get things fixed. That said, go ahead and roll back or
whatever once you've given it a shot. Balance your time spent against any
possible frustrations you find.

[6]http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v7r1m0/topic/rzamq/rzamq.pdf

[7]mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx

at [9]http://archive.midrange.com/wdsci-l.