From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Edmund Reinhardt
Sent: Friday, March 22, 2013 1:04 PM
To: Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries
Cc: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] RDP 8.0 Designer wrong Attributes...

Hi Ken,
I am glad it is getting clearer for you.

The 'S' shift is allowed with output fields as well, but the EDCDE/EDTWRD keywords require a 'Y' shift.
If you do not specify a data type explicitly, as soon as you specify decimals, the numeric type becomes 'S' unless there is an EDTCDE/EDTWRD keyword in which case it becomes 'Y'.

I think you were trying to force it to be 'S' which is not valid DDS and this is why you got the compiler error.

I am glad you are making the effort to learn the DDS Designer, I believe you will find it far more productive than SDA as you get over the learning curve.

Regards,

Edmund (E.H.) Reinhardt
COBOL IDE on AIX, DDS, WebFacing, System i Application Development, Rational Developer for Power

2D barcode Phone: 1-905-413-3125 | Phone: 1-905-854-6195 IBM
- encoded E-mail: edmund.reinhardt@xxxxxxxxxx
with AIX COBOL: 8200 Warden Ave
contact www.youtube.com/user/IBMRational#g/c/62DF24D5BCD43501 Markham, ON L6G 1C7
information "In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of Canada
God in Christ Jesus concerning you." - 1
Thessalonians 5:18