From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Paul Bailey
Sent: 19 March 2013 09:18
To: Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] RDp 8.5

Hi,

I'm not saying this is definitely the answer to your problem, but I was seeing this same issue with RPGLE and SQLRPGLE service entry points not too long ago and now I don't see that issue. Tl;dr : Make certain of the latest version, and clear all caches.

Firstly, you say you are using RDP 8.5 - Is that v8.5.0 or v8.5.1? The updated version has a lot of fixes in it (and even though it still has a few issues here and there, I still find it better to use than earlier versions.)

Secondly, have you verified your connection through RDP? I did this not too long ago and it reported a few PTFs missing. Those PTFs are installed now, so this *might* be why I am no longer seeing that problem in debug. To verify your connection: open the Remote System Explorer perspective in RDP and expand your connection in the Remote Systems view. Right-click the "Objects" subsystem and "Verify Connection" is two thirds of the way down the context menu.

Finally, I would suggest clearing all caches in the preferences section (type "cache" in the windows|preferences menu, and click the two clear cache buttons you find) and also starting RDP *once* with the -clean command-line option (add -clean to your RDP shortcut properties, run it, exit RDP and remove the -clean from the shortcut.) Then seeing if the problem still exists.

HTH.

-Paul.