I've only just installed the iSphere plugin (using the TN5250j update site download from the http://www.taskforce-it.de/downloads.php website, which gives me both iSphere and TN5250j in RDP 8.5.1). I extracted the zip file to my desktop, "add"ed an update site in the "Install new software" screen and everything went smoothly from there. I removed the update site from my desktop afterwards.

Hope this helps.

-Paul.

From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jeffrey Tickner [jtickner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 10 March 2013 04:15
To: wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Loading Plug-ins - ARCAD 5250 and iSphere

For the Arcad 5250 plugin, the zip file must be unzipped (not renamed jar) and you would point to the folder containing the site.xml, plugins and features folders as a local site from the 'install new software' option.
I have run into issues with other users putting the unzipped folder on a network drive and everything works fine until the install starts.
Other users have no issue installing from a network drive.

The installation manager has nothing to do with adding plugins so maybe running RDP as admin might help with an update if you may have authority issues with the install location of RDP.

If you could provide the steps involved with a specific scenario and the specific error message that results we may be able to be more help.

Thanks

Jeffrey Tickner
Technical Resource
jtickner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Please only print this email if really necessary
1, Phoenix Mill Lane, Suite 203, Peterborough NH 03458 - USA
Tel. + 1 603 371 9074 ext 505
Toll. free +1 800 676 4709 ext 505
55, rue Adrastée - Parc Altais F-74650 CHAVANOD
Tel. +33 (0)4 50 57 83 96
Fax. +33 (0)4 50 57 52 79

***This e-mail and its attached documents are confidential and intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). ARCAD Software can in no way be held responsible for any damage resulting from an incident involving security, integrity, virus or transmission delay. As the integrity of this message cannot be guaranteed on Internet, the ARCAD Software company cannot be held responsible for its contents. Any unauthorized use or dissemination is prohibited.***