Jon,

I really love RDP, but the pains of 8.5 have been tough to swallow.

Your issues:
1) I do know IBM is working through some issues with copybooks in the outline/CA. You didn't mention (on #1) anything about using manual refresh to get what you want to see. I have a RFE out there about not requiring a manual refresh (because even then the refreshed data seems to disappear):
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=viewRfe&CR_ID=30126

2) CA stops working all the time for me. The APAR that was generated in regard to my issue:
https://www-304.ibm.com/support/entdocview.wss?uid=swg1SE54147

3) Memory issue APAR: https://www-304.ibm.com/support/entdocview.wss?uid=swg1SE54282

4) I haven't reported an issue with Help, but I do have an issue with help. Aside from the lack of content-specific help, as you mention my Help seems to completely reset every time I call it. So no bookmarks ever remain, and whenever I want to do a search in the help I have to wait for it to index. This was new with 8.5.1.

Other Issues:

CA's autocomplete feature no longer respects mixed case of fields. For full right up (and vote if you haven't):
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=viewRfe&CR_ID=30148

CA issue where it doesn't handle 2 different qualified files with the same (locally defined) DS name
https://www-304.ibm.com/support/entdocview.wss?uid=swg1SE54003

CA showing incorrect subfields:
https://www-304.ibm.com/support/entdocview.wss?uid=swg1SE54254

Hope that helps,