From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ken Killian
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 9:26 AM
To: Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries
Subject: [WDSCI-L] RDP 8.5.1 Memory Usage Jumps Up! --> restart RDP to reclaim Memory

Hi,

I am working on one of my largest programs, with approx. 8,479 lines. And my memory usage always seems to jump up.

Current, it shows 840M of 1024M on Heap-Size.
preferences>General>show heap status (Check-box = CHECKED)

I have to do a save after almost every-line change, it *seems* or my screen turns milky white.

Restarting RDP seems to temporarily clear it up, but after a little while, eventual it seems to shoot back up...

Anyway, a restart seems to clear up a lot of resources!

Glad that I can see the creep of memory. The last re-start of RDP, seems to have working for me. :)

PS. I have an Intel core i5 CPU with 8GB of memory on Windows-7 64-bit.

-Ken Killian-