L is the menu selection for the "Selected" submenu and E selects the "Fill
Selection" option and the * you would key in the "Fill characters:" prompt
at the bottom of the screen.

From: Dave <dfx1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio
Client for System i & iSeries" <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 03/08/2012 09:17 AM
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] RDP 8.0.3 (Block comment)
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

Wanted to see if it was possible to comment out a load of cl lines in one
go and came across this thread.

So if I understand correctly this is not possible as it is in other
eclipse
based editors, for php, for example.

What does extract from the thread this mean :

1. Put cursor in comment position of first line
2. Press Alt-R
3. Cursor down to end of block
4. Press Alt-R again
5. Right-click
6. Type L-E-*
7. Press Enter

Ok except for Right-click and Type L-E-* which I don't understand.