I am working with WDSCi 7.0 and our IBM i is V5R4 still. Are there any known issues with debugging service programs using this combination that anyone is aware of? I have just recently learned how to use the tool to debug standard RPGILE programs, and this is my first attempt at debugging service program. I am also fairly new to creating service programs. So, it's very probable that I am just not doing things properly.

I have an RPGILE stored procedure program (S_DLYSUM) that is invoking a couple of subprocedures from a service program. I compiled the service program (DRGDAYSRV) as a *MODULE object type making sure the debug *source option was used. Then I created the service program and compiled my stored procedure program as well as creating the stored procedure (in that order). I started up the debug server. Then, I added the service entry point on the service program. I'm not sure if the correct way to do that is to specify the module and procedure from the service program I want to debug, or to leave those two options as *ALL. I've tried it both ways with no results.

Then I invoke the stored procedure from Operations Navigator. But, the execution never halts when it hits the service program. I also added a service entry point on the stored procedure to make sure that I was getting to section of code where the subprocedure from the service program would be invoked. The stored procedure breaks right at the point I was expecting.

So, my questions are the following. Is there a known issue with WDSCi 7.0 in debugging service programs? Did I make any obvious mistakes creating my service program? Or did I make any obvious mistakes in setting up the service entry point on the service program? Is there anything else I might be overlooking?

Thanks for your time,

Ray Dutil