Hi Kenneth,

For your first issue (1) could I suggest that before opening a PMR you
first try with a new workspace without importing preferences, etc?

The other issues (3) and (4) to do with automated stepping performance, is
as you might expect dependent up on the response times of the IBM i, the
network and the local PC. In most cases the IBM i and the network are not
likely the bottleneck. So I would tend to look closely at the PC and see
what other processes are running. My understanding is that each step is
done "full speed" and the automated stepping done by delaying between
steps. The symptoms that you describe in (4) almost seem to me that the
PC is not able to keep the UI updated as fast as the debug is stepping. As
Xuan suggests, maybe a slower stepping speed would give you more
consistent results?

Mike

Mike Hockings, P.Eng.
IBM Rational Developer for System z and Power Technical Support
IBM Canada Ltd. Laboratory
hockings@xxxxxxxxxx
voice 1-905-413-3199 T/L 313-3199 ITN 23133199