Sean,

I know you've received a couple other replies and perhaps I'm mistaken,
but IIRC the version of Eclipse on which WDSC 7.0 is based (3.2) does not
support 64-bit Windows. There were some fundamental libraries which were
never going to be ported at that level.

If I'm wrong and it can be installed on 64-bit, there's a page in the
midrange wiki at :
http://wiki.midrange.com/index.php/WDSC_installation_on_Windows_7

We, too, are still at V5R4M5 because of the licensing issues. There's
some good news on that. Last we checked, our BP can still get the
discounted "conversion" pricing from ADTS license seats to RDP. And the
maintenance on ADTS and all the individual compiler seats is all included
in the standard SWMA--only RDP seats require separate maintenance. That
helps some. I believe we're looking to upgrade to IBM i 7.1 sometime in
the next year or so.

First you'll want to download and install a recent version of Installation
Manager. I used version 1.4.2. The latest version (1.5.1) is available
at
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg24031048&myns=swgrat&mynp=OCSSDV2W&mync=E
Here's a shorter link: http://tinyurl.com/7974mgn

Disclaimer: I have not installed using that version. YMMV.

Anyway if I recall correctly again, you have to install with the package
from the download link at the bottom of the wiki page. I believe there is
something different in that package which will unofficially allow you to
install on Windows 7. Perhaps I should update the page, but it's been a
while since I had to do an install so I could be wrong. I did *NOT*
install to the default directories. I believe there were some optional
components I could not get to install correctly, but I do have a basic
edit, compile, test installation working on Win 7. And I do not run it in
XP mode or as XP compatible. (Note: I do see some odd behavior from time
to time, but it works about 99% of the time. I attribute these oddities
to Windows 7 incompatibilities, but I could be wrong.)

Again, YMMV--good luck!

Michael