The suggestions to compile with OPTION(*SRCSTMT) are a great start. But
have you tried the debugger? If you set a service entry point on the
program first, you'll be in the debugger and when the program hits the
error, the debugger will position you right to that error. Or if the
program is already running, you can switch to the debug perspective, then
start an 'iSeries Debug Job'. Once you've selected the job to debug, the
editor will position right to the source line where the error has
occurred. From there you can examine the value of variables, etc. If you
open the source member for editing before starting the debug session, you
can start making whatever modifications are needed. Sometimes the
debugger is more helpful than simply knowing on what line the program has
encountered an error