Right, I can do that. Maybe I am missing something here, but SVN wants one project, one repository. If I am doing maintenance, and I have multiple projects going, a particular program may be part of multiple projects. The projects may not be going all at once, the could be done one right after another. I don't want separate repositories for each project, because that isn't what happens on the i. My entire 1500 object application is in a single library. I use libraries to segregate applications. So I want a single SVN repository for my application, I want to check out individual source objects into a project without creating a local copy of the repository that contains the entire application. That might include programs A, B, and C. I finish the coding, check it back in, and promote to production. Some time later I set up another project to make a fix to programs 1, 2, and 3. I also need to modify program A. I can use projects to pull just those 4 programs into a project, but once again SVN wants one project, one repository. How do I go about checking out just the source objects I want to work with without creating a local copy of the entire repository. You say it can be done, but I must be missing something here. Creating a local copy of the entire repository would bring in all 1500 source objects, and that totally defeats the ability of a project to contain just the objects I want to work on.

Mark Murphy
STAR BASE Consulting, Inc.

-----wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote: -----
To: "Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries" <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Mike Wills
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 08/01/2011 11:23AM
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Using RDP 8.0 i Projects

You can do that in projects. Maybe you have 20 programs that make up an
order entry application. Make that one project. Customer maintenance in
another application. You can have many projects map to one library.

--

Mike Wills
http://mikewills.me

On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 9:37 AM, Mark Murphy/STAR BASE Consulting Inc. <