On 7/29/2011 2:29 PM, Richard Schoen wrote:
Is anyone here using the i Project mechanism from within RDP ?

Personally, I don't see a whole lot of value in it from a development perspective.

Off-line editing is a fine concept ... but how much pure editing do you do in an IBM i environment?

Personally, I don't do much ... I edit code, compile it, test it, edit again, compile it again, test it again, etc.

Even with the validation capabilities of RDp (which I also don't see a whole lot of value in), you can only do so much off-line.

IBM is touting this as the source control mechanism for IBM i
projects when using RTC.

Yeah, that's what Phil Colthard was touting it for a number of years ago ... but, and I won't harp on this a lot here, change control is a lot more than managing source.

david