Sorry I read it as save vs change. Selective viewing. I still don't see why there is a benefit to waiting until you do a change instead of hammering it all out to begin with when the program opens.

-Kurt

-----Original Message-----
From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mark Murphy/STAR BASE Consulting Inc.
Sent: Friday, July 29, 2011 9:28 AM
To: wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Refresh the member lock

I'm not sure that would be an issue. That guy who has been making changes for an hour will have a lock on the source whether he has saved or not as long as the lock is acquired before the first change is allowed. The thing I would be concerned with is that it could take some time, and that first keystroke to change the source would be held up at a very noticeable moment. Maybe instead of waiting for a change to be made, the lock could be acquired the first time a particular source tab is activated. It then becomes part of the swap time, and since a slight wait is expected, the lock time is less noticeable.

Mark Murphy
STAR BASE Consulting, Inc.
mmurphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx