From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of MichaelQuigley@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2011 1:20 PM
To: wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Refresh the member lock

wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 07/28/2011 01:00:08 PM:
----- Message from "DeLong, Eric" <EDeLong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on Thu,
28 Jul 2011 14:19:55 +0000 -----

Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for
System i & iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Re: [WDSCI-L] Refresh the member lock

There's a property in
Preferences > Remote Systems >> Use Cached information to restore the
remote view

I have seen the behavior you describe when this property is checked,
and I closed Rdi without closing the LPEX editors. When the IDE is
re-launched, the LPEX sessions open from the cached source, without
even trying to lock the host member. I always uncheck this property.

Hth,
-Eric DeLong

Eric,

In RDP, do you have to reopen the source members or does the workbench open
them from the host? In WDSc the member is reopened, but it still is from
locally cached source.

Thanks,
Michael