-----Original Message-----
From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Joe Pluta

But as a weekend DIYer, I want/need the professional tool. I would
have to work my part-time gig for 6+ months sometimes just to buy the
initial tool. The cost is just too high for my budget (and many
others).

The base version of Visual Studio is $550 with no maintenance and
comes with many more tools and utilities. But then they started a new
program called WebSpark for people to get Microsofts dev tools. Its
free initially.

--
Mike Wills
http://mikewills.me