On 7/3/2011 11:45 PM, Joe Pluta wrote:
Let's say just for a giggle that RDP saves you an hour a week (and I
guarantee it saves me a lot more than that) over WDSC. That's 50 hours
a year, give or take. So a quick divide tells me you consider your time
to be worth about four bucks an hour. Yeah, I know that might be a bit
over-simplified, but hopefully you get my drift. $800 just ain't that
much as a one-time cost.

Joe ... while I don't disagree with your logic in the slightest ... it's been my observation that most management types (at least the kind that would deny the purchase of a RDP license) can't see that particular forest due to all the trees in the way.

A company I used to work for (a long time ago) refused to let the IT group purchase project management software until we got our current projects completed (oh yeah, they had a new requirement to add to the project in the same memo).

david