On Feb 11, 2011, at 1:00 PM, wdsci-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

the Spooled File support added in RDp 8.0 was done un-officially, in my
free time, but I was allowed to ship it in the release.

Thanks to all those who pointed out that the font could be changed. This has to be the one time in recorded history when I didn't try a right-click just to see what was available!

Interestingly (as John F. later noted) once you set the font it seems to "hold" - at least during the current session - I haven't gone beyond that point yet. I also noticed that until I changed the font I was getting nothing in the graphic view for an "ordinary" spool file. After the change I do see a fuzzy graphic version.

And Hi John F. Good to hear from you - I had no idea it was a "technology preview" kind of thing - just assumed it was a new feature. I haven't been able to find a list of the new features in V8 so I was just in the process of going through the product looking for them.

Other than the two things I've mentioned - setting the default font and the fact that open should be the default behavior, the other feature that would be good to have is a delete option. I haven't yet had time to verify this but it appears that when the file cannot be opened (connection dropped for example) it doesn't tell you the connection has been dropped - just shows a blank screen. Only when I tried to refresh the list did I see the comms failure message.

Thanks to all

Jon Paris