Thanx for giving it a try.

"but it is a long way from being a replacement for RDP and people should not be misled into thinking that it is."

I think that this is a pretty subjective perspective. For me it is quite the opposite. RDP really sucks. RPG Next Gen has most of the features I need. Yes ... some are still missing. I would also like to a have content assist for variables. But that is not as easy as it sounds.

Prompting ... never used that. The RDP implementation is much too clumsy.

Tabs ... I don't use it (I just take a look at the top ruler to know where to go).

DDS ... it is just an RPG editor.

Source filtering ... I never needed that.

Control space for variables/data structures ... that feature is failing in RDP more times than it really works. So I wouldn't list that one here.

Opening copy book from inside code ... that one is also failing more than half the time I try to use it in RDP.

Outline ... I hate to have to click myself so that it refreshes.

But that is also a very subjective list because it is my perspective. So let everybody decide for himself if the editor has everything he needs for development. (f. e. I don't need a DDS editor because I don't do DDS anymore)

All in all ... no, it is no full replacement for RDP. And that was never the real goal of the project. The goal is to have a useable RPG editor. No DDS, no SQL, ...

... and don't ask me why I didn't bring problems I got with RDP to Rational for fixing: As long as there is no ticket system I can use it won't happen. The old IBM way really sucks. Take a look at how the RTC team handles things. Much simpler, more transparent, much better.

Mihael