I do realize comparing Netbeans GUI Designer to the Screen Designer isn't
the best comparison. I was mainly just pointing out that I've had a better
experience with it than screen designer and screen designer is creating MUCH
more simple screens.

I can get reference fields to work, they just work really slow when
rendering. I do about 98% of my work remotely, so that could be the issue.
Also, it will only allow me to enter fully qualified reference fields, e.g.
I have to put *LIBL for the library list and *FIRST for the member. The
trouble with that is it won't compile, at least at 5.4 haven't tried in 6.1
now that I think about it, so I have to go in and manually remove all those.
Again, not really a big deal, but kind of annoying.

Oh, and I try to avoid anything that has to do with JSP's although it
doesn't always work out so well for me. I keep ending up having to maintain
them :-) The eclipse(or RAD) JSF editor is not nearly as nice as it is in
Netbeans. Of course I don't use any kind of visual editor.

--
James R. Perkins