I have not been able to find a solution to my connection problem in RD
power... Below is the log file. I think it is the "malformed reply from
SOCKS server" that is the root of my problem, but I don't know where to go
from here. The system I am trying to connect to is at V5R4M0.

!SESSION 2010-03-23 13:54:49.618
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.fullversion=J2RE 1.6.0 IBM J9 2.4 Windows XP x86-32
jvmwi3260sr5ifx-20090821_41076 (JIT enabled, AOT enabled)
J9VM - 20090821_041076_lHdSMr
JIT - r9_20090518_2017
GC - 20090417_AA
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Framework arguments: -product com.ibm.rational.rdpower.product.ide
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -product
com.ibm.rational.rdpower.product.ide

!ENTRY com.aldon.team.core 1 1 2010-03-23 13:55:52.758
!MESSAGE Aldon plug-in version: '6.8.0.v20091204'

!ENTRY org.eclipse.jface 2 0 2010-03-23 13:55:59.165
!MESSAGE Keybinding conflicts occurred. They may interfere with normal
accelerator operation.
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.jface 2 0 2010-03-23 13:55:59.165
!MESSAGE A conflict occurred for CTRL+SHIFT+A:
Binding(CTRL+SHIFT+A,
ParameterizedCommand(Command(org.eclipse.pde.ui.openPluginArtifact,Open
Plug-in Artifact,
Open a plug-in artifact in the manifest editor,
Category(org.eclipse.ui.category.navigate,Navigate,null,true),
org.eclipse.pde.internal.ui.search.dialogs.PluginArtifactSearchHandler,
,,true),null),
org.eclipse.ui.defaultAcceleratorConfiguration,
org.eclipse.ui.contexts.window,,,system)
Binding(CTRL+SHIFT+A,

ParameterizedCommand(Command(com.ibm.etools.iseries.rse.ui.keybinding.openmbr,Open
a member in Remote Systems LPEX Editor,
,
Category(com.ibm.etools.iseries.rse.ui.keybinding,IBM
i,null,true),
,
,,true),null),
org.eclipse.ui.defaultAcceleratorConfiguration,
org.eclipse.ui.contexts.window,,,system)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 2 1 2010-03-23 13:55:59.336
!MESSAGE NLS unused message: EarlyLicenseCheck_product in:
com.ibm.cic.licensing.common.ui.messages

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 2 1 2010-03-23 13:55:59.352
!MESSAGE NLS unused message: EarlyLicenseCheck_feature in:
com.ibm.cic.licensing.common.ui.messages

!ENTRY org.eclipse.rse.ui 4 0 2010-03-23 14:10:31.243
!MESSAGE IOException occured during signon
!STACK 0
java.net.SocketException: Malformed reply from SOCKS server
at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.readSocksReply(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.as400.access.PortMapper.getSocketConnection(Unknown
Source)
at com.ibm.as400.access.PortMapper.getServerSocket(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.as400.access.AS400ImplRemote.signonConnect(Unknown
Source)
at com.ibm.as400.access.AS400ImplRemote.signon(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.as400.access.AS400.sendSignonRequest(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.as400.access.AS400.promptSignon(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.as400.access.AS400.signon(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.as400.access.AS400.connectService(Unknown Source)
at
com.ibm.etools.iseries.internal.connectorservice.ToolboxCredentialsValidator.validate(Unknown
Source)
at
org.eclipse.rse.ui.subsystems.StandardCredentialsProvider.acquireCredentials(Unknown
Source)
at
org.eclipse.rse.core.subsystems.AuthenticatingConnectorService.acquireCredentials(Unknown
Source)
at
org.eclipse.rse.core.subsystems.SubSystem.promptForPassword(Unknown
Source)
at org.eclipse.rse.core.subsystems.SubSystem$1.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.UILockListener.doPendingWork(Unknown
Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.UISynchronizer$3.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Unknown
Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Unknown
Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Unknown Source)
at
org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Unknown
Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Unknown
Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(Unknown Source)
at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(Unknown
Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(Unknown
Source)
at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(Unknown
Source)
at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(Unknown
Source)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(Unknown
Source)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(Unknown
Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Unknown
Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Unknown Source)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.rse.ui 4 0 2010-03-23 14:10:31.305
!MESSAGE EVFA9112

Matt Hopkins
Sr. Programmer/Analyst
Web: www.pdpgroupinc.com