From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Kurt Anderson
Sent: Friday, March 12, 2010 2:43 PM
To: 'Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client
forSystem i & iSeries'
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Rdi from the ground up. OS 6.1.

WDSCi and RDi are mostly the same as far as an end-user is concerned, and
where they are not the same, it's minor and easy to adjust to. When I did
the RDi trial I didn't have any issues (that I recall) in regard to "How
does this work?" Although they may have changed some of the shortcuts.

If you're going to 6.1, and don't ever plan on using 6.1+ enhancements (or
relying on the IDE to error-check for you and not spit out errors for 6.1
enhancements that you are using), I would suggest trying to get management
to pay for 6.1. In the grand scheme of things, it's not really that much,
plus as someone who did a 90-day trial last August, I almost wish I didn't
because I miss some of the speed improvements.

-Kurt Anderson