Adam wrote:

.{5}d\s*(ProcedureName)|\1\.\.\.\r\n.{5}d\s*pi

This does not work in WDSC for two reasons that I can 1) I cannot
figure out how to formulate a search that spans lines
2) Capturing does not seem to work

What precisely do you mean by "in WDSC"? If you are using the RSE LPEX
editor's find/replace function, then I think you are out of luck. I
think that function works _only_ line-at-a-time. I'm sure that
capturing groups are not supported.

Sorry. I mean the Lpex editor, either through Ctrl-f or the findText
command. The help for findText specifically says that findText works on
a line-by-line basis, so I knew THAT wouldn't support my multi-line
regex. It also says that 'regular expression support in the editor is
that provided by the Java language' which gave me a glimmer of hope that
at least grouping was supported.

When I hit Ctrl-f and press F1 for help, then 'Regular Expression
Patterns' brings up Javadoc for java.util.regex. Not surprising, but
not helpful either.
--buck