I think you're right.

The big question mark would be the DLL and Registry sprinkling :-)

On the removable you would want to make sure the drive letter always
matches as well.

Depending on how far they have strayed from the standard Eclipse
installation it just might work.

Let us know.

Regards,
Richard Schoen
RJS Software Systems Inc.
"Get the information you need. Now!"
Document Management, Workflow, Report Delivery, Forms and Business
Intelligence
Email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web Site: http://www.rjssoftware.com
Tel: (952) 736-5800
Fax: (952) 736-5801
Toll Free: (888) RJSSOFT

message: 1
date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 17:07:01 -0500
from: Buck <kc2hiz@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: [WDSCI-L]

OK, so I have a USB portable hard drive and I want to basically move my
working WDSC 7.0.0.6 environment to it. Completely. WDSC software,
Code, my workspace, everything. I want to carry that portable hard
drive and be able to use WDSC on my daughter's PC, on my home PC, on a
buddy's laptop - I don't want to install WDSC all over the universe and
carry my workspace around and hope I can remember to take it back to
work...

I originally thought I'd simply use the repository on the i to install a
second copy on my PC at work - with the software going to the portable
(H:) instead of the fixed (C:) drive. No go. Install Manager knew I
had a shared package group (already forgot the nomenclature) in
C:...\SDP70Shared and it didn't give me an option to put one on H:
Scratch that idea.

I guess I'll try to burn some CDs, take the lot home and try to install
against the H: drive there. That still might be a bust if Install
Manager and WDSC plop entries in the Windows Registry and ..\system32
and sprinkle DLLs about willy-nilly.

Before anyone asks, I got this wild idea from Eclipse. An Eclipse
install works just fine from a portable hard drive. No DLL litter, no
registry stuff, just click and go.
--buck