From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Mike Hockings
Sent: Wednesday, January 14, 2009 1:06 PM
To: Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] WebFacing onDblClick inserting a '?' in a field

Hi Gilbert,

You don't really want to add the hyper link (<A> tag ) stuff as that
will
just make things incorrect. Try something like this and see if it works

for you.

A*%%WB 7 FLD onDblClick="alert('hello');<wf:js
function="setFieldValueAndS+
A*%%WB +ubmit"/>(&{SN50B.S50MF.REF},'?','&{WEBFACINGFORMID}');"

It should generate something like this.

onDblClick="alert('hello');<wf:js function="setFieldValueAndSubmit"/>
(document.<%=(String)session.getAttribute("UniqueId")%>.l<%=zOrder%>
_SN50B$S50MF,'?','<%=(String)session.getAttribute("UniqueId")%>');"

Then resolve to this when it runs

onDblClick="c_i_e_i_w_7006_setFieldValueAndSubmit(document.SCREEN.l1_SN5
0B$S50MF,'?','SCREEN');"

So as you can see the end result is simply HTML so there are lots of
good
references about HTML and JavaScript that are probably more elegant than

what I can suggest :). However there are some useful things to note
here.
I wrote a JSP custom tag for WebFacing that will prefix WebFacing
JavaScript function names with the current version qualifier. That way
you don't have to tinker with each release. Extracted from the above,
the
custom tag was <wf:js function="setFieldValueAndSubmit"/>. You just
give
it the function name, in this case "setFieldValueAndSubmi" and it will
modify it for the current version. For me that resulted in
"c_i_e_i_w_7006_setFieldValueAndSubmit" but for you it may be different
as
it depends on the version of WebFacing. I also used the replacement
value
for the form id of &{WEBFACINGFORMID}. For Web-only uses WebFacing will

default to a form id of SCREEN but if you are using Portal then the form

id for the portlet instance will be unique. Lastly, in this example I
used the explicit record and field name that you specified. However
for
your use it would probably be simpler just to use *this* since you are
referencing the current element.

A*%%WB 7 FLD onDblClick="alert('hello');<wf:js
function="setFieldValueAndS+
A*%%WB +ubmit"/>(this,'?','&{WEBFACINGFORMID}');"

If you find that the onDblClick gets jammed up to the element before it
with no space between then just put a newline in the Web Setting entry
field and it will generate something like this:

A*%%WB 7 FLD +
A*%%WB +\r\nonDblClick="alert('hello');<wf:js
function="setFieldValueAndSu+
A*%%WB +bmit"/>(this,'?','&{WEBFACINGFORMID}');"

Let me know how it works out.

Mike

Mike Hockings, P.Eng.
System i Application Development Tools
IBM Canada Ltd. Laboratory
hockings@xxxxxxxxxx
voice 1-905-413-3199 T/L 313-3199 ITN 23133199