From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Chenghui Li
Sent: 03 December 2008 18:49
To: Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Problems with installation manager 1.2.1

To rule out it's not a network error when you upgraded to 1.2.1, can you

try download IM 1.2.1 from this page:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=0&q1=installation+manager&q
2=IBM+Installation+Manager+version+1.2.1&uid=swg24021016&loc=en_US&cs=ut
f-8&cc=us&lang=en

Then install it, and see if you can access your local or network 7004
repository?

Thanks.

Chenghui Li
IBM Rational Developer for System i
IBM, Toronto
Phone (905)413-3215, T/L 969-3215
email: chengli@xxxxxxxxxx

"Kevin Turner" <kevin.turner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
12/03/2008 01:24 PM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries" <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [WDSCI-L] Problems with installation manager 1.2.1

Hi

Great thanks - so I have one problem solved. I can use IM 1.1.2 and
uncheck the box and it allows me to install 7.0.0.4 from a local
repository. However, as soon as I upgrade the IM to 1.2.1 it refuses to
connect to my local repositories at all. Now that I can avoid being
forced to upgrade to 1.2.1 it means I can continue and upgrade all the
machines using IM 1.1.2, but I still don't know why 1.2.1 refuses to
play ball.

The machine are a mixture of XP Pro and Vista Business Ultimate. It
fails on all 6 machines. What could be causing this if it works you and
others. What can I check locally?

Rgds
Kevin