It sounds like a problem we fixed in one of the 7.0 fix pack. Could you
update to the latest fix pack? Thanks.

Regards,

Xuan Chen, Problem Determination Tools for iSeries
(905) 413-3769 T/L 313-3769
xuanchen@xxxxxxxxxx

Larry Ducie <larry_ducie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
05/11/2008 06:48 AM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

wdsci <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[WDSCI-L] QSHELL closes a couple of seconds after launching from RSE

Hello,

OK, when I launch QSHELL from the RSE it launches - I get the black
console and input box below. It sits there for maybe 2 seconds and then it
greys (grays) out and the terminal is marked as 'Finished'. Further
attempts provide the same result.

A PC reboot has not solved this problem. All my colleagues have no
problems launching multiple QSHELL sessions from RSE and I can launch a
QSHELL session via the QSH in the 5250 emulator without any problems at
all. The problem seems to be my WDSCi RSE doesn't like launching QSHELL. I
have tried it in a different workspace and I get the same problem.

To make matters worse - once the RSE QSHELL session has 'Finished' my PC
runs like a pig - oddly my WDSCi seems to be fine but viewing a 5250
session gives the classic 'screen being rebuilt line-at-a-time in 30
seconds right before your eyes' show. Closing WDSCi resolves the slowness,
but my original problem persists. I am on V7.0.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Cheers

Larry Ducie

It's simple! Sell your car for just $40 at CarPoint.com.au
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fsecure%2Dau%2Eimrworldwide%2Ecom%2Fcgi%2Dbin%2Fa%2Fci%5F450304%2Fet%5F2%2Fcg%5F801459%2Fpi%5F1004813%2Fai%5F859641&_t=762955845&_r=tig_OCT07&_m=EXT