Bryce Martin wrote:
I'm using WDSC 7 with all the latest updates. Here's the problem. I have
my main workbench open and go to Window -> New Window. I then have the
RSE open. So I pick the correct iSeries from the list, go to the iSeries
Objects and find my user library. I then expand it to source. I go down
and find the file that I want to work on and double click it. When I do
that I get an error box that comes up and says... Operation failed. File
system input or output error.

When I click the details button it says Message reported from file system:
java.lang.NullPointerException.

Same thing here. At first I thought it was related to opening up the
same filter, but that's not it. I tried opening up a different filter
and when I try to edit, I get the same error. Finally, I tried to edit
the exact same member in the new window as I'm working on in the old
window, and I get a 'You're currently editing this elsewhere' sort of
error, and if I tell Eclipse to open in Browse, I get an error telling
me that the document is already open.

My error log shows 2 errors:

1) RSEF1002E: SUB#0:java.lang.NullPointerException
An exception stack trace is not available.

2) Error when opening member
java.lang.NullPointerException
at
com.ibm.etools.iseries.core.resources.ISeriesEditableSrcPhysicalFileMember.checkOpenInEditor(Unknown
Source)
at
com.ibm.etools.iseries.core.resources.ISeriesEditableSrcPhysicalFileMember.open(Unknown
Source)
at
com.ibm.etools.iseries.core.resources.ISeriesEditableSrcPhysicalFileMember.open(Unknown
Source)
at
com.ibm.etools.iseries.core.resources.ISeriesEditableSrcPhysicalFileMember.open(Unknown
Source)
at
com.ibm.etools.iseries.core.ui.actions.ISeriesEditSrcPhysicalFileMemberAction.process(Unknown
Source)
at
com.ibm.etools.iseries.core.ui.actions.ISeriesEditSrcPhysicalFileMemberAction.run(Unknown
Source)
at
com.ibm.etools.iseries.core.ui.view.ISeriesQSYSAdapter.handleDoubleClick(Unknown
Source)
at
com.ibm.etools.systems.core.ui.view.SystemView.handleDoubleClick(Unknown
Source)
at com.ibm.etools.systems.core.ui.view.SystemView$1.doubleClick(Unknown
Source)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$1.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.JFaceUtil$1.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.jface.util.SafeRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.fireDoubleClick(Unknown
Source)
at
org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.handleDoubleSelect(Unknown
Source)
at
org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$4.widgetDefaultSelected(Unknown
Source)
at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.fireDefaultSelectionEvent(Unknown
Source)
at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.access$0(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy$1.handleEvent(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEApplication.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(Unknown Source)
at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(Unknown
Source)
at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(Unknown
Source)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Unknown Source)