Hopefully somebody can provide an answer that gets you what you want, but if
I were you I would head over to MyEcilpseIDE.com and use their development
tooling for Java/J2EE/JSF/Tomcat development. Here is a screen shot of the
configuration of all the servers they support:
http://mowyourlawn.com/pics/myeclipseide_tomcat.png My reasoning is because
it seems there are few plugins that work well when added to WDSC (especially
when it seems you are trying to cross versions of eclipse - yikes!).

Oh and did I mention MyEclipseIDE fully supports running the IDE on Linux
desktpos (that screen shot is from Ubuntu) :-)

As I understand it the newer versions of RDi/RAD have better integration
with Tomcat, but then you need to get out your check book for that (probably
over $1k) or go with MyEclipseIDE.com for an annual cost of $50.

Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com