For CLLE it works pretty well in WDSC - set up your indent rules in the preferences - then filter your source so only code is showing - no comments - then do an LL at the start and antother at the end - the whole thing will reformat and indent by the rules you set up.

It can miss things sometimes - so you take a narrower range and do it again.

I don't think this works in RPGLE - it'd be lovely if free form could do this in a similar way.

From: "Fleming, Greg (ED)" <GFLEMING@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Sounds like the OP really wanted more of a mass reformat, but if it's
just a matter of indenting a single block, you can use ALT-R to indicate
where to start the block, then the SHIFT-arrows to finish selecting it,
then ALT-F7 to move it to the left, or ALT-F8 to move it to the left.
ALT-U unselects.

|i'm still using the old SEU block commands LLx and RRx
|it's not ideal but it works...
|
|Thanks,
|Tommy Holden
|

|From:
|"Aaron Bartell"
|To:
|"Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries"

|Date:
|06/30/2008 12:46 PM
|Re: [WDSCI-L] Easy Indenting?
|

|Add my name to the list.
|
|This would also be a nice ROI feature for people to purchase RDi as it
|would
|give them productivity gains (i.e. save 5 to 10 minutes a day by not
|having
|to reformat code). Whenever I try to "sell" WDSC/RDi I always
|list/state
|features that save me time and in the end save my company money.
|
|Aaron Bartell
|http://mowyourlawn.com
|
|On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 12:07 PM, David Gibbs
|wrote:
|
|> Mike wrote:
|> > Is there an option to easily re-indent (or reformat) a section of
|code?
|>
|> This is something I would really like too.
|>
|> I really like the ability to reformat code (based on rules) in the
|Java
|> perspective ... be nice if LPEX could do something similar.
|>
|> david
|>

|> --
|> IBM System i - For when you can't afford to be out of business
|>
|> --
|> This is the Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
(WDSCI-L)
|> Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives
|> at http://archive.midrange.com/wdsci-l.

|--
|This is the Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries (WDSCI-L)
|mailing list
|To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options,
|visit: http://lists.midrange.com/mailman/listinfo/wdsci-l
|or email: WDSCI-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx
|Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives
|at http://archive.midrange.com/wdsci-l.

|--
|This is the Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries (WDSCI-L)
|mailing list
|To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options,
|visit: http://lists.midrange.com/mailman/listinfo/wdsci-l
|or email: WDSCI-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx
|Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives
|at http://archive.midrange.com/wdsci-l.
--
This is the Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries (WDSCI-L) mailing
list