Pete Hall wrote:
Yeah, it would be nice if the selected object would hold focus and
selection state too, so you could click move up as many times as
necessary without having to re-select the list item each time.

Joe Pluta suggested a workaround for this which I've found to work well. Instead of selecting the filter you want to move, select all the filters between the one you want to move and the place you want to move it to. Then move that group of items in the appropriate direction (opposite of the direction of the intended move.)

Perhaps an example will be illustrative. I'm using 7.0.0.4. Supposing this filter structure:

filtA
filtC
filtD
filtE
filtB

I wish to move filtB so that it immediately succeeds filtA. I would do this as follows:

1. Click filtC so that it is selected.
2. Holding the Shift key, click filtE so the all of (filtC,filtD,filtE) are selected.
3. Right-click on any of the selected filters.
4. Choose 'Move down' from the context menu.