From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Tim Gornall
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 12:28 PM
To: wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] How to sort filters? (was: How to set up an efficient filter structure)

Thanks to all for the recommendations. I deleted most of my filters and
started over, it was a breeze set up. I like simple.

Can I re-sort the filters? I can't seem to find that option, or nothing in
help pertaining to it.

Thanks, Tim

------------------------------

message: 2
date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 11:20:02 -0500
from: Joe Pluta <joepluta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] How to set up an efficient filter structure

Aaron Bartell wrote:
I name the filter that only displays objects as follows:
<libraryname>_objects. For example, CONTRACT_objects.

This is an important point: use consistent names. It doesn't matter
what those names are - you can use Aaron's, or mine (for a single
library I call mine "<Libname> Source" and "<Libname> Source Files"), or
your own - just as long as the name is consistent.

Some other goodies: you can have multiple comparison strings in a
filter, and that once you get more filters than you can comfortably
manage, you can then use Filter Pools.

Joe