From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Dave Murvin
Sent: Sunday, May 25, 2008 9:45 PM
To: wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [WDSCI-L] WDSC hangs up when saving members

Hello holiday workers..

I am working on some application changes that are supposed to be
finished by Tuesday and WDSC hangs up on save. I am on WDSC 7.0.0.4
running over a CISCO VPN to the client site. Client site is on
V5R3. This has worked previously and I think works periodically now
(something frees it up and it will save). But mostly WDSC just goes
into "Not Responding" mode.

The bad news is that it successfully clears the remote source member,
then hangs up before it can save the changed code. I do not see any
error messages anyplace (QSYSOPR and in the QZRCSRVS server
job). After awhile I will get a message that the TCP/IP connection
was dropped, so I click the reconnect button. Then I get a message
that the member is locked by another job (QRWTSRVR). I take the
option to end the job and save the member and it hangs up again.

I finally saved the member to a Word Pad document on my desk
top. After several more tries over 2 plus hours, I did manage to
save a copy of the source on the remote system (I am not sure how),
although in a new source member.

Supposedly, nothing has changed on the remote server and the only
thing that has changed on my end is that I have a new cable modem. I
don't think the cable modem is the problem because I can retrieve the
source from the remote system and WDSC can Clear the source
member. I can send and receive email over the cable modem too. I
have checked my local Zone Alarm and Black Ice defender to see if
they might be blocking something and as far as I can tell, they are
not blocking.

Any ideas about what might be causing the problem?

Thanks.

I am giving up for tonight, but will check it again in the AM.

Dave Murvin
DRM Enterprises, Inc.