I just started using WDSC to edit HTML members stored on the IFS.
Intermittently I will experience a minute or two when saving the file
and the message Synchronizing Resources will be displayed almost the
whole time. Normally the saves take a couple of seconds.

I searched the archives and I see a few other posts complaining of the
same issue. But, the reason for their problems doesn't appear to be
mine. I'm version 7.0.0 build 20070202_0030 so it isn't because I'm
behind on updates. This delay occurs at the beginning of the day or any
time during the day. I power down my laptop every night, so I don't
think it is a cache issue. This problem only happens for HTML files.
When I edit RPG/CL source members, I don't have this problem.

My laptop is only a couple years old with 2gig of memory. I telecommute
to work every day, so my environment doesn't change. I connect to work
using a VPN over DSL. It isn't a connection problem because during
these long saves I can do other network things (like 5250). Like I said
before, this problem only happens when I edit HTML files and is very
intermittent. I can make a 5 second change and the save will take a
second or two. I'll test my change. I'll make another quick change and
then the save will take 2 minutes. The next save may take 1 to minutes
or 2 seconds, you never know.

Can anyone offer any advice or files to check to see what is causing
this delay?

Thanks,

Kent