Sounds like fodder for an article. What tools you need at V6R1 to do what
you do now in WDSCi. RDI, RDI-SOA,, HATS, and RAD. I'm wondering about
editing HTML. I know I can do it almost anywhere, even in notepad, But for
my CGI programs I've been using WDSCi for both HTML and RPG editing. Do I
need RAD in few years plus RDi, or some combination that will be obvious
by the time I get there? Then again in a few years, when the development
gets to V6R1, Rational may have changed the packaging (and pricing) again.

Joe Pluta <joepluta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
02/28/2008 11:44 AM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [WDSCI-L] EGL in WDSC 7 vs EGL in RDi

Nick Arndt wrote:
Thanks for that.

Another question, if I order just RDi I will not get ANY Java tools,
only
RSE tools (compilers,LPEX)?

That would be correct, sir. At least that's my understanding. Although
now that I think about it, that makes no sense, since Java is a System i
language.

Maybe you'll get Java and just no J2EE stuff.

Joe